Certificate in Spiritual Direction Application
Year One Requirements:
- 12 once a month 2-hour Group Zoom Sessions
- 11 pre-recorded Class videos and 1 live Zoom teaching on Professional Ethics for Spiritual Directors with Mary Rose Bumpus, RSM, PhD
- 3 monthly 2-3 page reflection papers on readings/pre-recorded class material
- 6 Half Hour Sessions with Spiritual Direction Mentor
- 10-12 Spiritual Direction sessions with a Spiritual Director of your choice*
- 12+ Opportunities for Sharing & Support through an Online Gathering Space with Cohort (responding to at least two Communal Conversations per month)
Total for Year One*: $1760
Year Two Requirements:
- Provide 10-12 sessions of Spiritual Direction each for 2 Directees (in-person, phone, or online)
- 9 Sessions of Supervision (3 One-Hour Individual sessions with Mary Rose Bumpus, 6 2-hour Zoom Group Supervision sessions) along with readings related to Supervision
- Monthly live Zoom Sessions (except for December) for either Group Supervision or teaching with role-playing
- 5 short dialogues with corresponding contemplative reflection forms (CRF) for 5 of your spiritual direction sessions (3 discussed in individual supervision sessions, 2 discussed in Group Supervision)
- 3 Half Hour Sessions with Spiritual Direction Mentor
- Go deeper into a chosen Concentration/Focus through an Integrative Paper or Integrative Project (your choice of readings)
- 6 One-page updates on focus & opportunity to share an update with the group during Zoom and online Communal Conversation
- 10-page Integrative Paper or 5-page Review of Integrative Project due at the end of Year 2
- Bi-Monthly Online Communal Conversation Questions on Supervision book
- 10-12 Individual or Group Spiritual Direction sessions for self*
- Optional: 1-hour pre-recorded seminar: Setting up a Spiritual Direction Practice
Total for Year Two*: $1040
TOTAL for Program*: $2800
*Indicates additional fees for books, seminar/retreat, spiritual director
-Estimated additional fees for Year One: Personal Spiritual Direction ($50-$100/month), Books ($245 for entire year) & Retreat (optional 4-day monastery retreat between Year One & Year Two in August for the Facilitating Contemplative Retreats class, $525 for lodging & meals; readings & the ability to Zoom during retreat for those unable to attend)
-Estimated additional fees for Year Two: Personal Spiritual Direction ($50-$100/month), Supplies (additional books or materials for your integrative project/paper), SDI student membership ($59/year) & liability insurance for meeting with directees (SDI discounted rate around $130 USD).
A $35 application fee is due now. Payments for the program begin after acceptance into the program and are non-refundable. In the case of unforeseen circumstances rendering it impossible to continue with your cohort, your payment will be applied toward your attendance with a future cohort.
After submitting your application, you will receive an email with instructions for payment and scheduling your 15-minute interview with a Wisdom Tree Collective Board member.
Recommendation Form (click and forward to your 2 contacts)
Pressing "Enter" will automatically submit the form, so please write your responses with no breaks or feel free to copy and paste within the field.